Full Mouth Reconstruction
What is Full Mouth Reconstruction or Rehabilitation?
Full Mouth Reconstruction is the systematic approach to restoring all (or nearly all) your teeth at the same time. There are different reasons for needing this full mouth restoration treatment.
- Teeth that are severely worn down
- Multiple missing teeth
- A deep bite (the top teeth bite too far down over the bottom teeth)
- Patients wanting instant orthodontics (using porcelain veneers, bridges, or other restorations on all the teeth to ideally reshape and reposition the teeth)
- Severe decay in all or most of the teeth
- Severe erosion of the enamel
- Congenital disorders that cause missing teeth, missing enamel or poorly formed teeth
- Traumatic injury to the mouth / teeth
Who should consider Full Mouth Reconstruction (FMR)?
Our Top Tampa Dentist, Dr. Angela Rasmussen has years of experience and through this experience has developed a systematic, phased approach to full mouth reconstruction and restoration treatment.
Starting with a consultation visit and thorough exam and numerous detailed measurements and records, we create a diagnostic wax-up (or blueprint) of the entire procedure. We plan the aesthetic and functional outcomes before we even begin your actual treatment.
The procedure is one of the most advanced treatments available in cosmetic and general dentistry and it requires a lot of experience, knowledge, and skill on the dentist’s part. If you are planning a large dental procedure, it is important that you understand your dentist’s qualifications. It is wise to schedule several consultation appointments so that you can interview several dentists until you find the one you feel most comfortable with doing this advanced procedure.