Bad breath, also referred to medically by the term “halitosis,” is a chronic oral condition. If you struggle to maintain a pleasant breath with mouth rinsing, brushing, flossing, and even sugar-free chewing gum, you may be dealing with halitosis in its more severe stages. Drs. Angela Rasmussen and Amanda del Cueto of Gentle Dentistry are dentists in the Tampa, Florida area who can educate you more on what can cause bad breath and the effective solutions for managing bad breath.
WHAT CAUSES CHRONIC BAD BREATH?
- Poor oral health habits. Bacteria present in the mouth can cause cavities and periodontal disease, two of the biggest culprits in the development of halitosis. Treatment of these issues will alleviate the severity of the condition
- Smoking and tobacco use, either cigarettes or chewing tobacco
- Infections in the nose and throat, including sinus infections that can contribute to the development of short-term bad breath
- Environmental allergies
- Dry mouth. If you do not have a steady flow of saliva in the oral cavity to wash away food debris naturally, you may find yourself with bacteria that can contribute to bad breath. Dry mouth is a condition that can also be caused by excessive caffeine, cigarette smoking, and certain medications
- Chronic systemic medical conditions and illnesses, including liver disease, kidney disease, and diabetes
Treat your dry mouth and bad breath today with the assistance of our team at Gentle Dentistry in Tampa, Florida, led by Drs. Angela Rasmussen and Amanda del Cueto.
POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS FOR BAD BREATH (HALITOSIS):
- Oral Probiotics
- Dental Cleanings
If you are dealing with chronic bad breath or other oral health concerns, contact Drs. Angela Rasmussen and Amanda del Cueto of Tampa, Florida, to find the primary cause of your issues and effective treatment options that can help.
The office is conveniently located at 3500 East Fletcher Avenue, Suite #221, and is open to new and returning patients. Call (813) 734-7102 to schedule an appointment today.