Your smile plays a significant role in how others view you and how you view yourself. The appearance of your smile can impact how you feel about yourself, and when it has imperfections you are embarrassed about, your self-esteem can take a hit. This is just one reason why Drs. Angela Rasmussen, Amanda Del Cueto, and the team at Gentle Dentistry in Tampa, Florida, provide a wide range of cosmetic dental services, including composite resin veneers, to patients looking to enhance their smile.
What Are Composite Resin Veneers?
Modern dental veneers come in two common types, depending on what dentist you visit in your area. At Gentle Dentistry, we offer composite resin veneers to help conceal dental imperfections, including:
- Minor chips
- Stubborn or permanent stains and discoloration
- Minor to moderate tooth misalignment
- Minor gaps
Composite resin veneers cannot fill in larger spaces and gaps but are an excellent option for minor to mild smile adjustments. More significant issues, including large breaks or chips, large gaps, and lengthening very short teeth, will likely require alternative treatment, which we offer here at Gentle Dentistry, such as porcelain veneers or orthodontic options.
Placing Composite Resin Veneers
Our patients love that a composite resin veneer can be placed within a single visit. Following a consultation, during which it will be determined if this treatment is a good option for your oral health goals, our team will perform the required steps to place your veneers.
1. A modest portion of your tooth structure must be removed. This will allow the placement of the veneer to look natural instead of bulky and large
2. Layer by layer, the composite resin will be applied and sculpted into a natural and beautiful look. Then, it will be hardened with a special light which cures the resin material
3. To achieve a beautiful, pearly white appearance, the veneer will finally be polished
To determine if you are a suitable candidate for composite resin veneers, we encourage you to give Gentle Dentistry a call. Our Tampa, Florida, office can be reached by calling (813) 734-7102.