Many patients experience tooth loss at some point in life, leading them to Drs. Angela Rasmussen and Amanda Del Cueto at Gentle Dentistry in Tampa, Florida. One may lose a tooth for many reasons, including traumatic injury, decay, genetics, or another issue. When you visit our office, we will guide you through the various tooth replacement options we offer to our patients, including removable partial dentures.
What Is a Partial Denture?
A removable partial denture consists of natural-looking false teeth set inside a gum-colored resin. They are not to be confused with a full denture, which replaces an entire arch of teeth. Instead, a partial denture will be used when you need to replace multiple teeth in an arch. Removable partial dentures are usually held in place by a clasp affixed to your natural teeth, creating a firm fit, and can be taken out when needed. It offers several other benefits for patients, including:
- A complete restoration of function that was lost due to missing teeth, such as being able to enjoy all your favorite foods again
- Partial dentures are custom crafted by our team to provide a natural look, allowing you to feel confident about your smile again
- They will prevent your remaining teeth from shifting into the gap created by missing teeth, which can otherwise lead to further dental issues, including bacterial overgrowth, and bite issues
- They are easy to clean and care for because they can be easily removed when needed
- They are an affordable tooth replacement option
Receiving Your Removable Partial Denture
You will need to meet with our team for an initial consultation to determine if a partial denture is suitable for you. We will talk to you about your specific needs, perform an examination, and ensure you feel confident about your choice.
If you decide partial dentures will be best for you, impressions of your mouth will be taken to ensure your denture fits comfortably. A laboratory will create your denture based on the specifications sent in by our team, and once it is ready, you will come back in to try it on. During this appointment, any required adjustments will be made as needed.
Call Today to Learn More
To learn more about how a removable partial denture can benefit you, please schedule a consultation by calling (813) 734-7102.