There are many causes of yellow and stained teeth. These causes may be internal (intrinsic) or external (extrinsic). Extrinsic stains are often from sources such as coffee or tea that can stain the enamel of the teeth because the pigmentation of the beverages will stain the plaque hat that had developed as a film on your natural tooth enamel. Different methods are available to correct the issue depending on the type of stain. If you are considering treatments such as professional teeth whitening, it is highly recommended that you have your teeth cleaned by our dental hygienists at Gentle Dentistry of Tampa, Florida, before undergoing professional whitening services.
HOW CAN I REDUCE OR EVEN PREVENT STAINING ON MY TEETH?
Picture your teeth with “pores,” just like your skin. Your teeth absorb all of the foods and drinks you consume. To prevent stains on teeth, avoid foods and beverages that are dark in color. Consider drinking through a straw to minimize a beverage’s contact with your teeth, and come in frequently for dental cleanings at our office. Alternatively, consider some of the tooth discoloration treatments recommended below.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON TREATMENTS FOR STAINED TEETH?
- Dental cleaning. Returning to Gentle Dentistry every six months for regular cleanings to remove both tartar and stain buildup can leave you with a more beautiful smile.
- Take-Home Teeth whitening. At Gentle Dentistry, we are pleased to offer take-home teeth whitening kits that are completed in the privacy of your own home on your own time or in-office power whitening for same-day results right in our dental chairs.
- In-Office Whitening. Zoom whitening is a specialized in-office whitening system that can brighten teeth in less than an hour. This unique formulate also comes with special desensitizing properties to ensure your comfort.
- Smile design. With a smile design, you can not only restore the smile and full dental health, but you can also achieve the esthetic smile you’ve always dreamed of having.
- Porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are bonded to cover the front of a tooth and usually require at least two visits to complete
- Dental crowns. Dental crowns are similar to porcelain veneers as they can cover stains—and the entire tooth.
- Composite veneers. Like porcelain veneers, composite veneers can disguise problems on the teeth near the front of the smile.
AM I A PROPER CANDIDATE FOR PROFESSIONAL TEETH WHITENING?
Call our office today at (813) 734-7102 and find out if you are a proper candidate for professional teeth whitening solutions.
If you are not a good fit for our traditional, professional teeth whitening services, there are other options to consider at Gentle Dentistry. In fact, your beautiful smile is one appointment away!