Facts about Crowns
- Posted on: Jul 13 2013
A crown sometimes called “a cap” covers the tooth for a variety of reasons.
- It’s primary purpose is to strengthen a tooth and restore it to the original shape & function. Improved cosmetics and a more natural appearance of your tooth is a secondary benefit.
- At your dental visit we will offer you amenities to make you as comfortable as possible. Your menu of choices include:
- Nitrous Oxide – helps you relax and makes time feel like it passes more quickly.
- Headphones – it will eliminate extraneous noises.
- Massage units – why not!
- Hand Moisturizing Mitts – for relaxation and softening of the hands.
- If there is something special you would like, please don’t be shy to ask. We would love to help you in anyway we can.
About your visit:
- We will take impressions for our records and records needed for our laboratory
- We will rebuild your tooth by removing all the old filling material and decay from the tooth. Next we will place a bonded foundation (build-up) into your tooth to restore it’s strength. This forms the shape necessary for the retention & shape of your new crown.
- A master impression will be taken and sent to the laboratory.
- The temporary crown will be fabricated next and cemented with a temporary cement.
- While in the temporary crown you will be asked to:
Brush gently around the crown. Rinse with Closys rinse or a 50%/50% solution of water &hydrogen peroxide and gently floss the temporary crown. Pull the floss through not back through the contact.
Posted in: Uncategorized